Where can we send your free files to?
LOG CABIN BLOCK SWAP SUPPLIES LIST
Welcome to the inaugural Quilt Club block swap, please find below some guidelines for your blocks.
You can choose to make 12, 24, or 36 blocks. You will get sent back however many you sent. However, if you make 12 to swap, you will need to make the extra blocks yourself to have enough to finish the quilt.
36 blocks will make a quilt that measures approximately 72″ x 72″
16 blocks will make a quilt that measures approximately 48″ x 48″
FABRIC USED IN BLOCKS
Below are the rules to follow when picking your fabric
- Bright happy colors for summer
- No color black in any of your fabrics
- Please use yellow fabric for the center. Traditionally Log Cabin quilts had a yellow center that represents a welcoming light in the window
- One half of your block (A, D, E, H, I) is to made up of light fabrics and the outside blocks (H, I) to be very light being an almost completely white fabric. The other half of your block (B, C, F, G, J, K) to be made up of darker fabrics
- Do not prewash your fabric. This is because if some prewash and others do not, the shrinkage will be different.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS FOR 36, 24, or 12 BLOCKS
Measurements based off fabric width of 42″
A – 2½” x 2½” – ¼ yard
B – 2½” x 2½” – ¼ yard
A – 2½” x 2½” – ⅙ yard
B – 2½” x 2½” – ⅙ yard
A – 2½” x 2½” – ⅛ yard
B – 2½” x 2½” – ⅛ yard
RULES FOR THE SWAP
- You must use your best fabrics
- Only use good quality 100% quilting cotton
- Only use fabric that you would be happy to receive yourself, the idea is not to use fabric you are trying to get rid of
- Do your best work
- Take your time cutting, sewing, and press every seam
- Measure each block and square it to be 12½” x 12½”
- You have six weeks to complete your blocks
- Start early and don’t rush
- Set yourself a goal of how many you would like to make each week
- You must post your blocks to me by Friday 6 August (earlier if overseas please)
- Please put your blocks in a zip lock bag before posting
- International members, please send earlier so they arrive on time
THESE COURSE NOTES ARE FOR THE EMAIL RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR SHARE THEM. IF YOU HAVE A FRIEND THAT WOULD LIKE A COPY PLEASE ASK THEM TO JOIN QUILT CLUB BY SIGNING UP TO THE NEWSLETTER.