Where can we send your free files to?
LOG CABIN BLOCK INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
- Do not prewash your fabric. This is because if some prewash and others do not, the shrinkage will be different.
- Use yellow fabric for the center
- A, D, E, H, I is to made up of light fabrics
- H, I to be very light being an almost completely white fabric
- B, C, F, G, J, K to be made up of darker fabrics
You might find it helpful to label your fabric with the corresponding letter so you know what size to cut each of your fabrics. It is also useful to know which order to sew your fabrics together. You can do that with my Letter Label Cards.
CUT YOUR FABRIC AS FOLLOWS:
A – 2½” x 2½” – ¼ yard
B – 2½” x 2½” – ¼ yard
A – 2½” x 2½” – ⅙ yard
B – 2½” x 2½” – ⅙ yard
A – 2½” x 2½” – ⅛ yard
B – 2½” x 2½” – ⅛ yard
- Starting with your yellow fabric A, take your next 2½” piece B, place on top, then pin, sew and press
2. With the fabric you just sewed together on top, make sure your sewed stitches are facing to the right, open up your fabric, and turn clockwise, take you next piece C, place on top, pin, sew and press.
3. Continue until you have sewn all 11 pieces of your block together, as shown in diagram below
4. Your blocks should finish up at 12½” x 12½” and you may need to square them up
THESE COURSE NOTES ARE FOR THE EMAIL RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR SHARE THEM. IF YOU HAVE A FRIEND THAT WOULD LIKE A COPY PLEASE ASK THEM TO JOIN QUILT CLUB BY SIGNING UP TO THE NEWSLETTER.