Mystery Block of the Month 2022

Block of the month

Welcome to my inaugural Mystery Block of the Month 2022! I am so excited to get started on this project and I hope you decide to join me! It is going to be so much fun revealing a Mystery Block on the last Friday of each month and making 12 blocks together which will make up our quilt.

We will start slow and steady with the first couple of blocks being nice and simple, and then we will slowly work on blocks that are a little more complicated, but they will all go together beautifully making up our quilt.

DETAILS:

• On the last Friday of each month I will reveal a new block
  • My YouTube videos are always set as live premieres at 5 pm, so we can chat and watch together
  • We will make 12 different blocks
  • Each block will measure 12Β½” x 12Β½” square, and once finished in the quilt 12″ x 12″
  • The finished quilt will measure approximately 47″ x 60.5″
  • I will send an email with all the links you need to make the monthly block, including a YouTube video
  • Please subscribe to my YouTube channel

COST:

My Mystery Block of the Month is completely free and everything you need to know to make each of the blocks will be listed including a link to the YouTube video explaining exactly how to make the block.

I do ask that you please watch my YouTube videos, like them, and leave a comment. That helps me to continue to offer my tutorials for free, as well as knowing how many people are joining along with me. Your support is greatly appreciated.

PDF PATTERNS

I have created a PDF pattern with full printable instructions for each block, they include the cutting instructions, step-by-step instructions, and lots of diagrams to help you through each of the steps to make each block.

I personally find the PDF Patterns super handy to refer back to as a quick reference guide and have printed them out and put them in a folder, I refer back to them time and time again.

They are available to purchase on my Etsy Store at a nominal fee, you can find all 12 blocks HERE.

Mystery Block of the Month

MYSTERY BLOCK OF THE MONTH FABRIC REQUIREMENTS

You can easily make each block with scrap fabric you have on hand.

If you would like to buy fabric, especially for this project, I suggest 8 x Β½ yards of different fabrics. Make sure you have varying shades of fabric, for example, a couple of light fabrics, a couple of medium-toned fabrics, and a couple of dark fabrics. For this project stick with small to medium scale patterned fabric.

We will also need fabric for sashing, borders, backing, and binding details found HERE.

MYSTERY BLOCK OF THE MONTH BLOCKS REVEALED SO FAR

Copy of YouTube Thumbnails 10
Block 3 and Block 4
Rail Fence Quilt Block
Eccentric Star Quilt Block
Love Squared Block
Ohio Star Block
New Four Patch Quilt Block
Antique Tile Quilt Block
Thrifty Block
Grecian Square Quilt Block
Prairie Queen Quilt Block

Thanks so much for joining me! Please comment and let me know how you go, or if you have any questions.

Stacey x

The Mystery Block of the Month 2022 series has now finished, but sign up here for my newsletter to find out when my next quilting series will begin.

Shop Fabric at Fat Quarter Shop

80 thoughts on “Mystery Block of the Month 2022

1. Tracey Reck says:

Oh I can’t wait to start the 12 squares quilt. This is going to be so fun. When you say 8 x1/2 yards dose that mean 8 different fabrics @ 1/2 yard each?

2. Debbie Asbury says:

Stacey, this sounds like a lot of fun and one I can keep up with. You have so many amazing ideas and I love watching you and listening to your tutorials. You and your husband make a great team creating your tutorials. Thank you for continuing to provide these courses.
    Hugs,
    Debbie πŸŒΈπŸ’–πŸŒΈ

3. Jennifer says:

Hi there, I tried to sign up for the mystery block quilt, but it says I am already a subscriber.. will I be included automatically? – Jen

• Stacey says:

Hi there, I just checked your email and I can see you were sent today’s email. Can you please check your spam/trash/junk folder. Please let me know if you still can’t find it πŸ™‚

4. Frances Campbell says:

Thank you ~ So glad I saw this on Facebook. And I have always wanted to stitch the Dream Weaver block so a perfect start. πŸ™‚

5. Merryl Kontogianis says:

I’m hoping this will get my mojo back & into quilting again. Haven’t started, or completed, anything since COVID. Small steps.

6. Marlene Coder says:

I love this first block of the month and intend to make it into a table runner also . Your videos are wonderful and easy for us ” beginning quilters ” to follow. THANK YOU so much!!

• Stacey says:

Hi Marlene, that’s a great idea! I am so happy you are joining in and found it helpful. I have a lot of videos on my YouTube channel for beginners that you might like to check out πŸ™‚

7. Thelma Shampine says:

I am so excited about the block of the month. I have the first one done and am waiting for the second one. Thank you so much.

Iam

8. Dawn Leslie says:

Hi Stacey,
    I love mystery quilt sew Along’s. The first block looks like fun. Thank you for taking your time to give people like me inspiration to do something different.

9. Jean A Zysek says:

You are a very good teacher and take the time to show all the steps needed. Am looking forward to your classes. Watch your videos and great that we can refer back to them but also purchase the pdf so can print out for my ease. Thank you for making this project we can make using our scraps.

10. Peggy Epperson says:

Thanks Stacey for your MBOM. I’m a few months behind, but have just gathered all my fabrics and need to get organized enough to start. I really enjoy your videos and they are easy to understand.