Welcome to my inaugural Mystery Block of the Month 2022! I am so excited to get started on this project and I hope you decide to join in with me! It is going to be so much fun revealing a Mystery Block on the last Friday of each month and making 12 blocks together which will make up our quilt.
We will start slow and steady with the first couple of blocks being nice and simple, and then we will slowly work on blocks that are a little more complicated, but they will all go together beautifully making up our quilt.
- On the last Friday of each month I will reveal a new block
- My YouTube videos are always set as live premieres at 5pm, so we can chat and watch together
- We will make 12 different blocks
- Each block will measure 12½” x 12½” square, and once finished in the quilt 12″ x 12″
- The finished quilt will measure approximately 48″ x 63″
- I will send an email with all the links you need to make the months block, including a YouTube video
- Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
My Mystery Block of the Month is completely free and everything you need to know to make each of the blocks will be listed including a link to the YouTube video explaining exactly how to make the block.
I do ask that you please watch my YouTube videos, like them, and leave a comment. That helps me to continue to offer my tutorials for free, as well as knowing how many people are joining along with me. Your support is greatly appreciated.
A PDF pattern with full printable instructions is also available to purchase on my Etsy Store at a nominal fee.
You can easily make each block with scrap fabric you have on hand.
If you would like to buy fabric, especially for this project, I suggest 8 x ½ yards of different fabrics. Make sure you have varying shades of fabric, for example, a couple of light fabrics, a couple of medium-toned fabrics, and a couple of dark fabrics. For this project stick with small to medium scale patterned fabric.
We will also need fabric for sashing, borders, backing, and binding. I will have the requirements shortly.
BLOCKS REVEALED SO FAR
Thanks so much for joining me! Please leave a comment and let me know how you go, or if you have any questions.