This week is a bumper Halloween Edition! My daughter Bella joins me today to talk about the Halloween tradition “You’ve Been Booed”.
Plus I show you how to make three fun Halloween crafts: A Ghost Softie, a Magical Wand, and a Boo Garland. They are perfect to make yourself as Halloween gifts, with your children, or make up a little craft pack and include them in your Boo Kits.
YOU’VE BEEN BOOED HALLOWEEN TRADITION
You’ve Been Booed is such a fun and cute activity to spread kindness at Halloween. It works particularly well in the current times since some are still hesitant to go trick or treating.
You’ve Been Booed is a tradition where you secretly leave a package of Halloween goodies on your friend’s, family, and neighbors’ doorstep. The package includes a sign that says “We’ve Been Booed” to put on their front door so others know they have already been booed. To keep the boo going, the recipient does the same to their friends, family, and neighbors. And so on and so on.
LET’S GET BOOING
- Buy the supplies needed
- If you want to, purchase my You’ve Been Booed printables here. Simply print, cut them out and make up the flags by folding where the end comes in, sellotape a bamboo skewer to the flag on the fold, close the fold and tape it down
- Fill your bag with treats
- Decorate your bag with ribbons & wool, flags and a gift tag
- Include a sign for the front door saying “We’ve been booed” and a flyer explaining “Booing”
- Secretly drop off your packages to family, friends and neighbors that have yet to be Booed
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR BOOING
- You’ve Been Booed PDF printables – optional and found here
- Something to put your Halloween treats in, bag, bucket, basket, etc
- Tissue paper, ribbons, bows, wool to decorate
- Treats – craft packs, lollies, chocolates, socks, t-shirts, pajamas, books, mugs, toys, etc
THREE FUN HALLOWEEN CRAFTS FOR KIDS
I have created three fun Halloween crafts, you might want to make them yourself, with your children, or make up a little craft pack and include them in your Boo Kits.
When it comes to glue, I like quick drying tacky glue when working with children, but if I was to make these crafts with older children or by myself I prefer to use a hot glue gun because you get instant results.
Please be super careful when doing crafts with children when it comes to scissors, needles, small parts and wooden dowels – no poked eyes please!
MAKE A MAGICAL WAND
This Magical Wand is a great craft to do with kids of any age, and it’s really fun to see how each child decorates it with the sequins – no two are ever the same! You can also make pencil toppers using exactly the same method, just cut the smaller template shape out of the pattern. You could also make one to include as a gift in your Boo Packages.
You will need:
One sheet of black felt, sequins, ribbons and wool, wooden dowel, template
MAKE A CUTE GHOST SOFTIE
This cute little Ghost Softie is the perfect craft to do with small children teaching them how to hand sew. You could also make it as a gift to include in your Boo Package, for adults wishing to make one I recommend using embroidery thread to sew together, sewing on the eyes, and embroidering its cute little smile.
YOU WILL NEED:
MAKE A BOO GARLAND
Boo Garlands are for older children that are confident with sewing and perfect to make to decorate your Boo Packages.
You will need:
MAKE YOUR OWN HALLOWEEN CRAFT KITS
I have made my patterns so that they can be used for you to make up your own craft kits and pass on some crafting Halloween love!
HOW TO MAKE A CRAFT KIT
- Decide which craft you would like to make a kit for
- Print out my pattern
- Provide all the items that are listed on the pattern “This Kit Includes”
- Pop them in a bag and seal
YOUTUBE VIDEO YOU’VE BEEN BOOED
Please watch my video to find out more about the Halloween tradition “You’ve Been Booed” and for full instructions on how to make the Halloween Crafts. The timestamps for each of the crafts are:
04:15 Make a Magical Wand
12:33 Make a Ghost Softie
21:13 Make a Boo Garland
Thanks so much for joining me! Please leave a comment and let me know how you go, or if you have any questions.
ENTER YOUR DETAILS FOR A COPY OF MY PATTERN FOR ALL THREE HALLOWEEN CRAFTS + HALLOWEEN PNGS
DISCLAIMER: By signing up for the Free Halloween Patterns, I also agree to be added to the mailing list