QUILT CLUB WITH STACEY LEE

Quilt Club with Stacey Lee

Welcome to Quilt Club with Stacey Lee, a free online beginners quilt-making course.

Together we will be making a generously sized lap quilt measuring approximately 60” x 60” from start to finish. The quilt we will make will be very simple like the pictures below, but it will still be beautiful and most importantly made by you.

This course is for beginners, so please don’t feel nervous if you have never made a quilt before, this course has been designed exactly for you!

I always wanted to quilt but knowing nothing I was afraid too. I hadn’t a clue what to buy or where to start. Good classes are expensive and so are fabrics and notions, especially if you buy the wrong things in trying to figure it all out. Your Quilt Club has changed all that and I will be quilting the rest of my life! You assume nothing. I found the fact that you always give options for personal choice, skillset, and finances so helpful.

Jenny – Kentucky, USA

The course is held over five weeks. Each week I teach a step in the quilt-making process. You will be sent all the information you need to complete the weekly task.

By doing the classes weekly, the hope is you will find time during the week to go over all the resources, have a go, and complete the weekly task.

What an amazing journey this has been. Thank you Stacey Lee for the directions, explanations, videos, and answers to questions, and most of all your encouragement. I’ve learned many good techniques and habits. Now I can truly say I’m a quilter after completing my very first quilt with proper instructions.

Debbie – California, USA

Quilt Club with Stacey Lee has the most amazing and positive Facebook group to support you through the process, it has become a wonderful little community for all members. Everyone feels safe and free to ask any questions, share their progress and we all love celebrating each other’s success!

You can see the beautiful quilts made by my very first members that have completed this course here.

QUILTING TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:

• Tools you need
  • How to pick fabric to make a quilt
  • Cutting fabric with a rotary cutter
  • Assembling the quilt top
  • Basting your quilt
  • Quilting your quilt
  • Making your binding
  • Sewing your binding onto your quilt

THE COURSE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES:

The course runs for five weeks, and you will receive an email by 5 pm ET each Friday with full instructions on how to complete the weekly task.

YouTube: The course will be taught with YouTube videos that will explain each step of the quilt making process.

Printable Class Notes: Weekly course notes will include the task for each week, a checklist to make sure you haven’t forgotten a step, and written instructions to supplement the YouTube video.

Facebook Group: The Facebook group is where you can ask any questions, share your progress and celebrate each other’s success.

The next course starts in August (date yet to be set) and we would love you to join in!

If you would like to join us for the next Quilt Club please sign up for the Email below, request to join the Facebook group, and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

I will be in touch shortly with everything you need to know to get prepared for the course start date.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sRtM6oSt00GIFxDNmaEhA

Please request to join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/212892527043180

Please note you will get a confirmation email that you need to open and accept to start receiving emails.

62 thoughts on “QUILT CLUB WITH STACEY LEE

• Stacey says:

Hi Nancy 🙂 Thanks for all the comments, it’s nice to know someone is there reading these posts 🙂 Thank you for joining in, it’s not a club without you 🙂

• Stacey says:

Hi Lisa, you are most welcome. My husband’s grandmother was a great inspiration to me too. It truly is a wonderful skill to learn! Thanks for joining in 🙂

1. Kim Turley says:

I’m really hoping this is geared for ones like myself who don’t have a clue but does have a passion!!! A list of general terminology would be great!!!! Thank you for doing this!!!

• Stacey says:

Hi Kim, I plan to make it as easy to follow as possible. The Facebook page is a great place to ask questions. I was thinking of doing a terminology post as well, thank you for reminding me. See you over on the Facebook page 🙂

2. Judi says:

I am so excited to do this! I have everything and have been wanting to do this for over a year but was just looking for a class and some help. Thank you so much!

3. Maureen says:

Thanks for putting the class together. I am Leary about making quilt because of the exact cutting of the pieces. I have make a game quilt but haven’t finished the border.

• Stacey says:

Hi Maureen, hopefully the first lesson “how to cut fabric with a rotary blade” will help you feel more comfortable cutting 🙂 I hope you will be able to finish your quilt after this course 🙂

4. Donna Cuthbertson says:

I signed up a couple of days ago and still have not received an email. I went through the sign up again. Still no email.

• Stacey says:

Hi Donna, I have added you to the email list and you should have received your first email. If you can’t find it please check your spam or promotins folder. Thanks for joining in 🙂

5. Linda says:

I see the list of tools needed, however I can’t find how much fabric and how many different kinds we need. I do believe it is to be 100 percent cotton.

6. Zelna Wassenaar says:

Hallo Stacey I don’t seem to get your confirmation email. Please help me and thank you very much for this quilt along?

7. Rachel says:

I just found you today and signed up. But that means I messed the first class. Are they still on YouTube or can I view them somewhere?

• Stacey says:

Hi Rachel, the second round of “Your First Quilt” starts next Friday so you still have time to join in 🙂 Please sign up for my emails so that you get all the information you need to get started 🙂

8. Karla lute says:

I’m so upset I cant quit having heart surgery to do my quilts with you guys.Well I love looking at all the beautiful ones.I got my material so I hope to get started I got my bandages off 10 heart stents in 14 months is a little much .

• Stacey says:

Hi Karla, sorry for just replying now. I’m sorry you have been so unwell, that sounds like a lot! I hope you are on the mend now and will be able to join us soon with our quilting projects 🙂

• Stacey says:

Hi Angela, you will be fine. Please read all the information in the emails. For any questions ask them over on the Facebook and we will all help you 🙂

9. Kelly says:

Stacey Lee! You make it all seem so easy and reasonable. I love the uplifting attitude of the Quilt Club and you are a huge reason for the happiness it gives all of its members! Keep up the great work. <3

10. Glenna Sandhoff says:

This sounds great but I can’t start until June 7. My mom, who is 90, my daughter and I are going camping.

• Stacey says:

Hi Glenna, that sounds like fun! No problem 😌 Be sure to sign up did that newsletter to get all the info you need when you’re ready to start 😌

11. Eela Makan says:

Hi Stacey – thank you for sharing your knowledge. Quite excited to start.
    I haven’t received yesterday’s email. Plz advise

• Stacey says:

Hi Eela, thanks for signing up for my course. I have checked and there was a problem with the emails. You should have received it now. Thanks, Stacey