QUILT CLUB WITH STACEY LEE

Quilt Club with Stacey Lee

Welcome to Quilt Club with Stacey Lee – a free online beginners quiltmaking course that starts on Friday 22 January 2021.

Together we will be making a generously sized lap quilt measuring approximately 60” x 60”.

I plan to share all my tips on how to make a quilt. The quilt we will make will be very simple like the one pictured above, but it will still be beautiful and most importantly made by you.

You will receive an email at 5pm ET each Friday with full instructions on how to complete the weekly task.

By doing the classes weekly, I hope everyone will find time during the week to watch the video, have a go, and give feedback on the Facebook group.

QUILTING TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:

• Tools you need
  • How to pick fabric to make a quilt
  • Cutting fabric with a rotary cutter
  • Assembling the quilt top
  • Basting your quilt
  • Quilting your quilt
  • Making your binding
  • Sewing your binding onto your quilt

THERE WILL BE THREE RESOURCES:

YouTube: The course will be taught with YouTube videos that will explain each step of the quilt making process.

Printable Class Notes: Weekly course notes will include the learning outcomes for each week, a checklist to make sure you haven’t forgotten a step and written instructions to supplement the YouTube video.

Facebook Group: The Facebook group is where you can ask any questions and also share your progress with everyone.

HOW TO STAY UPDATED

Please sign up for Quilt Club Email – the link is below.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sRtM6oSt00GIFxDNmaEhA

Please join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/212892527043180

GETTING STARTED

You need to sign up for Quilt Club Email. Your first email with include: the Course Outline, Supplies Needed, Tools Needed, and full instructions on everything you need to be prepared for the start of the course.

Quilting tools you need to get started click here

How to pick fabric to make a quilt click here

Frequently Asked Questions click here

Yay – so exciting! I can’t wait to get started and meet you all over on the facebook group.

Thanks,

Stacey x

SIGN UP FOR THE QUILT CLUB EMAIL

40 thoughts on “QUILT CLUB WITH STACEY LEE

• Stacey says:

Hi Nancy 🙂 Thanks for all the comments, it’s nice to know someone is there reading these posts 🙂 Thank you for joining in, it’s not a club without you 🙂

• Stacey says:

Hi Lisa, you are most welcome. My husband’s grandmother was a great inspiration to me too. It truly is a wonderful skill to learn! Thanks for joining in 🙂

1. Kim Turley says:

I’m really hoping this is geared for ones like myself who don’t have a clue but does have a passion!!! A list of general terminology would be great!!!! Thank you for doing this!!!

• Stacey says:

Hi Kim, I plan to make it as easy to follow as possible. The Facebook page is a great place to ask questions. I was thinking of doing a terminology post as well, thank you for reminding me. See you over on the Facebook page 🙂

2. Judi says:

I am so excited to do this! I have everything and have been wanting to do this for over a year but was just looking for a class and some help. Thank you so much!

3. Maureen says:

Thanks for putting the class together. I am Leary about making quilt because of the exact cutting of the pieces. I have make a game quilt but haven’t finished the border.

• Stacey says:

Hi Maureen, hopefully the first lesson “how to cut fabric with a rotary blade” will help you feel more comfortable cutting 🙂 I hope you will be able to finish your quilt after this course 🙂

4. Donna Cuthbertson says:

I signed up a couple of days ago and still have not received an email. I went through the sign up again. Still no email.

• Stacey says:

Hi Donna, I have added you to the email list and you should have received your first email. If you can’t find it please check your spam or promotins folder. Thanks for joining in 🙂

5. Linda says:

I see the list of tools needed, however I can’t find how much fabric and how many different kinds we need. I do believe it is to be 100 percent cotton.

6. Zelna Wassenaar says:

Hallo Stacey I don’t seem to get your confirmation email. Please help me and thank you very much for this quilt along?