One of our favorite family Christmas traditions is to bake Gingerbread Men for family and friends, and deliver them at Christmastime.
Whether you want to make them for friends, or just as a fun baking activity to do with the kids I thought I would share my trusted recipe and how I make my Gingerbread Men.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Ingredients for gingerbread men (below and in my free download)
- Premade icing to decorate
- Gingerbread Man cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Piping bag
- Piping tip
- Parchment/baking paper
- Plastic wrap/cling film
- Plastic treat bags – I like Hobby Lobby treat bags 5 x 11”
- Gift tags (free download available)
- Ribbon or stapler depending on how you want to seal your bag
- 100g (4oz) Butter
- 175g (6oz) Brown sugar
- 100g (4oz) Golden syrup
- 350g (12oz) Plain flour
- 1t Bicarb/baking soda
- 2t Ground ginger
- 1 egg
I have bundled up my free printable tags and fold over labels, as well as the recipes with full instructions, for using a mixer or Thermomix. Get your copy here.
As always, I would love to see your cookies, please send me pics or tag me on Instagram @stacey_lee_creative