Guys, I am so excited, I’ve just come across the most fun and sweetest Halloween tradition ever! I had never heard of booing someone until recently, and I thought it was just an Instagram fad. After a bit of digging, I realized it is a legit tradition. So yay, here we go booing!
You’ve been booed is a tradition where neighbors and friends secretly leave a package of Halloween goodies on each other’s doorstep. The package includes a sign that says “we’ve been booed” to put on their front door so others know they have already been booed. To keep the boo going, the recipient does the same for 1-2 more friends and neighbours. And so on and so on.
It’s such a fun way to spread kindness and the Halloween spirit. It works particularly well in the current times, since it is still unknown if trick or treating will be going ahead due to Covid.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR BOOING
- Card to print on
- Bamboo skewers
- 1-2 bags or baskets
- Ribbon/wool – optional
- Tissue paper – optional
- Treats – lollies, chocolates, socks, mugs, toys, etc
LETS GET BOOING
- Buy your treats
- Purchase my Booing printables. For two packages print: 2 x signs, 4 x instructions, as many flags and tags as you like. Please note I included extra signs and instructions to make it easier for the recipient to continue the Booing
- Cut out all the printables
- Make up the flags by folding where the end comes in, sellotape a bamboo skewer to the flag on the fold (on the back of the print), close the fold and tape it down
- Line your bag/basket with tissue paper
- Attach ribbons and wool to decorate your bag/basket and flags
- Fill your bag/basket with your treats
- Decorate your bag/basket with your flags
- Secretly drop off your packages to friends and neighbors that have yet to be booed
If you join along please leave me a comment letting me know how you got on and be sure to send me some photos or tag me in on your Instagram @staceyleecreative